*Commits $1,000 Per Person Booked To Galapagos Conservation + Free Airfare*
New York, NY, July 2015 – Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic has launched their first, annual celebration of conservation in Galápagos - Conservation in Action |Galapagos- a series of late summer departures that will offer guests an enriched conservation experience and the “credentials” to make them a first-class Galápagos ambassador.
Lindblad is committed to protecting the pristine archipelago, and has raised with their guests more than $6 million to support conservation and education programs in the region through the Lindblad-National Geographic Fund (LEX-NG Fund). Conservation in Action |Galapagos was created with the initial goal of raising $250,000 for a new conservation initiative that will complement their long-standing stewardship efforts - while educating guests about the various programs available.
Now, guests can make a personal impact while having an extraordinary time: Lindblad will donate $1,000 per person towards Galápagos conservation for any new reservation made for travel to Galápagos from August 15 to September 26, 2015. Guests can also take advantage of free roundtrip air from Miami to Galapagos during those dates (up to $1,250 per guest value), valid on new bookings only and subject to availability.
In addition to the hallmark highlights of a Galapagos expedition – snorkeling with sea turtles, penguins, and sea lions; hikes among colonies of wildlife and birds unfazed by your presence; observing rare giant tortoises in the wild, and exploring the waters of the Galápagos by kayak, glass-bottom boat, or Zodiac, Conservation in Action |Galapagos guests will have the opportunity to:
- Transform trash into treasure to support local artisans. Guests will work with our Paper to Pearls team to learn an engaging, purposeful skill that benefits the human community of Galápagos—and make beautiful beads out of paper for artisans to turn into jewelry for local sale.
- Meet our artist-in-residence Carlyn Iverson, an accomplished natural history artist/instructor, on board National Geographic Endeavourto learn how to truly see and represent the creatures of Galápagos. Carlyn will hold drawing classes in the field—the only place on Earth where wild animals calmly pose for their portrait—and provide expert instruction during the expedition. (on the August 21, 28; September 4, 11, 18, 25 departures.)
- See Galápagos’ nature through the lens of your camera. Become a conservation ambassador for Galápagos and share the wonders with the world—your personal community of friends, family, and social groups—through your photos with our Lindblad-National Geographic certified photo instructor. Develop your talents, or learn new skills, as well.
- Rates for the 10 day/9 night voyages aboard the 96-guest National Geographic Endeavour begin at $6,290 per person and on the 48-guest National Geographic Islander at $6,760 per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin.
- For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit expeditions.com, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor.